During this weekend eCarExpo has organized in Stockholm a trade fair focused on:
- both the electrified car and all conceivable three- and two-wheeled electric vehicles
- the entire infrastructure behind the electrification, for the tech industry that supplies the vehicles with charging and the energy companies that ensure electricity from all different sources
- creating a trading place where cars are bought and contracts are signed, the opportunity to compare the new products in one place.
Sweden is one of the world's leading countries when it comes to electric cars and battery development. And eCarExpo is Sweden's leading electric car fair.
Over the past 7 years eCarExpo became a prominent event in area of sustainable mobility, thanks to continuous premiere of new electric cars, developing important seminars, focused on electrification and renewable energy.
There were several European and Swedish premieres for new electric cars during the eCarExpo fair in Stockholm.
One of them is the electric SUV Fisker Ocean from the Danish famous car designer Henrik Fisker.
Henrik Fisker personally come to the fair to present the car. In addition to talking more about the first model from Fisker Inc., he also participated in the seminar "A clean future for all”. According to Fisker, the company started accepting pre-orders for model Ocean in the spring of 2022 and many of these have come from Sweden.
Henrik Fisker and AENERT’s correspondent Jana Janicka
According to the manufacturer, the goal of the 4.78 m long electric SUV Fisker Ocean was right from the start to produce a truly sustainable car:
- The manufacturing of Fisker Ocean model also takes place with green electricity from hydropower at Magna Steyr in Austria.
- In addition to a large proportion of recycled materials on the inside, the car can also be ordered with integrated solar cells in the panoramic roof. With that, the car can be charged completely climate-neutrally with the power of the sun and contribute up to 2400 kilometres of range per year.
- Fisker Ocean is offered in several different versions, where it is also possible to choose the entry-level version from EUR 41,560 with 275 horsepower and a cobalt-free LFP battery of 75 kWh. The range is then 440 kilometres.
- The Ocean Ultra version starts at EUR 57,000 and comes with four-wheel drive, 540 horsepower and a larger 100 kWh NMC battery that gives a range of 610 kilometres.
- The top version is the four-wheel drive Ocean Extreme, which has a starting price of EUR 69,950. The output has been raised slightly to 557 horsepower and 0 – 100 km/h then goes in 3.9 seconds.
In addition to Fisker Ocean, upgraded Polestar 2 had its world premiere at eCarExpo. The new version is upgraded with longer range, faster charging and better performance:
- All versions are upgraded with next-generation electric motors.
- The single motor versions are now rear wheel drive and use a newly developed permanent magnet motor.
- The new engine has an output of up to 220 kW and a torque of 490 Nm.
- The upgraded lithium-ion battery in the Long range versions now has 82 kWh and provides up to 635 km WLTP range (preliminary).
Polestar 2, 2023 edition
Additionally, over 20 car brands were present at eCarExpo 2023. Everything from established manufacturers such as Mercedes, BMW, Renault, Nissan, Hyundai and Volkswagen to newcomers to the Swedish market such as Aiways and Xpeng.
A car show is not a car show without concept cars, which represent future vision and design studies. Seven concept cars were shown:
1. Audi Grandsphere - is a design study that hints at what the next flagship Audi could look like. This concept previews an electric car that will replace the company's Audi A8 flagship saloon. The final production car is likely to go on sale in 2024 and will take on rival cars like the Mercedes-Benz EQS EV.
2. Hyundai N Vision 74 – this is innovative concept based on an electric drive and hydrogen technology
3. Mini Aceman - The concept car reflects how MINI is reinventing itself for its all-electric future and what the brand stands for: an electrified go-kart feel, an immersive digital experience for our community and a strong focus on a minimal environmental footprint.
4. Polestar Precept - a vision of the brand's future direction and execution of new, more sustainable interior materials, the continued development of the digital user interface and the essence of Polestar design. The name "Precept" was chosen to emphasise the vehicle's role in setting out Polestar's intent as the contemporary electric performance brand. A precept is a manifesto of things to come; a declaration.
5. Volkswagen ID-Life – it is VW’s vision ahead into entry-level electric mobility. The vision of a fully electric small car for the urban environment is centred around people and communal experiences. The concept car combines sustainability and digitalisation with extremely flexible usage: the ID. LIFE can become a mini cinema or a gaming centre, for instance, or simply be used for relaxing in the open air.
During 2023 fair, below key topics were debated withing the organized seminars: